Monday, November 19, 2007

Back to Hospital

My son had a playdate with the head group practice as UMass Memorial. My primary care physician is one of his docs. James told him on drop off about my medical issues and he casually checked me out when dropping Sander back off. He's very concerned and urged me to contact my primary care physician for more chest x-rays and bloodwork.... So I contacted my doc this AM who says she actually sees that my most recent chest x-ray looks worse than previous and this was noted by the radiologist who read the film. So why did the thoracic surgeon say it looked fine? She wants me back in for another chest x-ray to compare and more blood work to check that my count is up enough after the transfusion on Friday. I have to go in for tests then stick around until she has time to read them and meet with me. It'll be a few hours at least. I'm going to have James and Sander (they'd planned a guys day off together today) drop me at UMass then hopefully pick me up again after a bit. My worst fear is that they'll want to keep me but I'm trying not to think about it.... I'll have my cell phone although they'll be instances that it may be off. Call if you'd like to check in. xox Beth

No comments: