Thursday, November 15, 2007

More Tests, Yummy Food

When it rains it pours and it's been pretty Seattle-rainy here today. Nice day to snuggle down inside which I did for most of the day. My best pal Loan from High School stopped by for lunch today with a bag of declicious soup and salad from Panara Bread and many more bags from Trader Joes with anything I could ever think of wanting, needing, or craving. Sweet, salty, frozen, fresh, it's all here. What a pal! And we had a nice visit on top of it. No muscle spasms today.

I had emailed the nurse practitioner this AM to ask what my blood count was pre-op so I could have something to base these lower counts on. I also asked (per question from sister-Sue) whether family members could donate blood just in case I needed an infusion. Answers were 38.5 pre-op level... scary answer, so hosp-release count was half that. No wonder I'm so damn tired. And, no, they prefer not to have family members donate blood, but, my questions did seem to intiate more dialog between surg-onc and med-onc. They decided to have me venture out in the rain today (thanks to Mom) for more blood. They're going to run a bunch more tests and if the results are in my favor they might be able to juice me up with some kind of super-iron IV. Cross you're fingers that whatever they're looking for is there. I doubt I'll be able to get the count up myself if it's only increased by 2 since release from hosp.

James is home now, kids are settling in to homework, wonderful girl scout family dropped off a full dinner from meat loaf (perfect for my iron count) to delicious pie for dessert. No matter how bad things can get, life can still be good. xox Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's SO nice of Loan and the girl scout dinner donor! Especially on this rainy day. Hooray, people really help each other out, good stuff. Sorry to hear about the blood count, that is low compared to the start. Yikes. Hopefully they'll get you back up in no time.

Beth Mellor said...

I'm lucky to have so much love and support with family and friends. Everyone has been wonderful. And, with the transfusion yesterday I think I have a good jumpstart to get the blood count up. Love you! Beth