Thursday, January 24, 2008

Last AC

Just back from my last Adriamycin + Cytoxan treatment. This means I'm half way through, hurrah! I found out that the watery, swollen eye thing is a side effect of Cytoxan and shouldn't be an issue when I switch to Taxol. But this means that it might last the next couple weeks. Kind of a pain. Hard to feel girly with no hair AND no eye make-up. The onc doc also agreed that the chest tension/pain is related to ongoing healing from the chest surgery. No answer on why the port is feeling different.

James kept me company today and it went fairly quickly. We were done at the onc clinic by noon. Fabulous! The port didn't present any problems. My blood work was fine. Weight has stayed the same, no loss, no gain. All good. I was hungry when we got to the clinic so James went on a mission to the cafeteria. Then, I was hungry again leaving the clinic so called in a pizza to pick up on the way home. Hawaiian. Delicious. I ate 2 pieces then took a long hot shower. Not a bad afternoon.

I'm feeling like the exhaustion is going to hit hard this time as I'm feeling wiped already. I don't think there's anything on our plate for the weekend beyond a hair appointment for Phoebe tomorrow afternoon. The kids wanted a dinner out and I tentatively said tomorrow night but we'll have to see how things progress. Might be fun to be out and about. Friday is wig day after all.

No comments: