Sunday, February 24, 2008

Still Kickin'

Still here, still kickin'.... 6 chemo treatments down and 2 to go. All scheduled and will be done before you know it. I was just thinking again today how it's good for me to be going through all this work, kids, and a hectic house. No time to sit and dwell on the disease and treatment.

Vacation week last week for the kids. Phoebe had a busy social schedule. Sander had a couple play dates then came down with 103 fever. Chemo was pretty uneventful on Thursday. I had a half dose of Benedryl after asking for no Benedryl. I didn't like at the last appointment (1st Taxol.) The Benedryl made me sleepy/groggy for the full day. I was much better this time with half dose. Friday I worked half day then went early for the Neulasta shot. A snow storm was rolling in and I didn't want to get caught in it. We were pretty low key Friday night and Saturday. I did a bit of cleaning around the house and catered to a sick kid. Made a couple clean spots while cleaning. Cool.

Last night I'd run out of sleeping pills so tried to make do without. I lay in bed until 3ish just trying to rest. Being happy in bed. Resting. Synchronizing my breathing with Greta (our german shepherd who sleeps next to my bed.) I slept soundly from about 3-7 AM. I woke Phoebe up at 7 to finish some homework for school tomorrow. Evil Mom. We only had all week to get it done. She was getting picked up at 9 AM for the water park. She'd come in at midnight from a birthday outing in Boston. She wasn't overly happy with being woken early. I cleaned her room while she worked on homework. Once she was out the door Sander and I checked out the movie times. We made some popcorn to smuggle in to the theater and were out the door.

I've been taking Ibuprofen still for pain. Picked up a new script of sleeping pills. I may try to go without on weekends but feel like I still need them on work nights. Scary to be driving around these snowy New England roads with no sleep. My Mom has been having sympathy sleepless nights. Funny that when I don't sleep she hasn't either and visa versa. We're in sync.

Sander and I visited with Mom and sisters, Linda & Sue, this afternoon after our movie and ice cream. Sue had brought some wonderful food for dinner. (So happy to have my appetite back!) Linda pulled it all together while Sander, Mom, Sue & I played dominos. Fun day all in all. Now we're back home and waiting for Phoebe to be dropped off. I think we all need an early night. Back to school tomorrow.

No comments: