Saturday, March 22, 2008

Celebration!

Last chemo on Thursday (hopefully ever!) Susie brought a perfect size bottle of champagne. She popped the cork (very funny as neither of us had ever opened a bottle of champagne before) and we polished it off during the last hour of the taxol drip, dilute the poison a bit. They want me to stay hydrated! We met Linda after leaving the cancer center for an early light dinner and called Lisa and visited for a bit by speaker phone. All the sisters together.

Work Friday AM. I pushed the neulasta shot up by a couple hours so James and the kids and I could drive up to Ogunquit, ME for a celebratory mini-vaca. One overnight at a nice hotel. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub last night then went to dinner at Mikes Clam Shack. Yum. Came back and tried to sleep. 6 AM out for some complimentary hotel coffee and hot choc then headed down to the beach for low tide. It was FREEZING but fun. We drove down Ocean St to the parking lot/boardwalk that I always beached at when I was a kid. We walked down to low tide then back up to the dunes to get out of the wind. Picked up armloads of shells then piled back in the car. Back to the hotel for another swim & soak in the spa. Now we're showering off before going to a late breakfast. I think we may drive down to Perkins Cove for a bit of a reverse walk on the Marginal Way. It should be high tide by then so maybe some fun waves to watch crashing on the rocks. On the drive home I wanted to swing through York to see if the Goldenrod is open for taffy. James doubts it but I think maybe on early spring weekends. I worked there almost 30 years ago as a candy shop girl. Sweat shop at the time but the memories sweeten with warm taffy.

Thanks for checking in. All is well. No new side effects and feeling pretty good. I'll fill in with the medical stuff when I get back home. Have a great weekend! Beth

No comments: