Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tough Week Good Weekend

I had a difficult week. I think I was getting a little too cocky about feeling well with Taxol. Thursday body aches hit with a vengeance. I had a screaming headache and really bad aches in legs and hips. I took Ibuprofen, overlapped with Tylenol, then finally when that didn't help found my last Oxycodone from surgery. That dulled the pain when nothing else worked. Work on Thursday was horrible. I was sitting at my computer so miserable. It was difficult to stick it out but I managed somehow. I can't say that I got much accomplished that day. Friday was ok and the weekend was better. I went food shopping with the kids on Friday night, baked bread on Saturday, then today finished taxes and a set of jewelry (special order from December - sheesh.)

Tomorrow it's back to work Mon - Wed then this Thursday is my second-to-last chemo appointment. Wahoo! Although I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to the next level up of achiness. Crossing fingers that last Thurs was a fluke. But, just in case I'll talk to the doc about a fresh back-up script.
.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Hi Beth!
Two to go! Yahoo for you! I'm so impressed with you keeping your busy family life going...girl scouts, skiing, movies...I'm tired for you!
Things are still going well here at United Way. They're keeping me busy doing a little of everything, just wish more of it was redesigning the site.
I'm off to school tonight and tomorrow night. Trying to pack in as much as I can handle so I can be done.
I'd love to get together for a quick visit some time, it's been too long!
Thanks again for the blogging.
Hi to James and the kids,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

hey beth! I am happy to read the good news! Keep up the great attitude! Hi to all! Cuz Rob ;-)