Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nothing

The new surgical oncologist felt nothing! So it's a go for Thursday port removal. Wahoo!

I would be overwhelmingly happy but I'm too exhausted. The appointment was scheduled for 4 PM and we didn't see him until close to 6 PM. He was stuck in surgery... fitting place for a surgeon I guess. Mom met me at the breast center to keep me company and be a second set of ears. Great to have the company for appointment, walk to cafeteria while waiting, treated by Mom to yummy pomegranate/pear juice and parking fee, thanks Mom!

What was most interesting to me beyond no lump was being informed that the breast center surgeons will no longer perform port-a-cath surgeries. It'll all be done by radiologists now. The new surgeon (who really is a very nice guy) said this is to protect the surgeons from all the excess radiation. Hmmmm...... that's my "ask a bitter woman" thought of the day.

Off to a quick Girl Scout leader meeting then sleep.... back in the saddle tomorrow but no Dr's appointments. Wahoo again!

No comments: