Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why we have healthcare...

I just received a bill in the mail yesterday from the hospital. One month of chemo costs $25,465.40 so the four months of chemo treatment would total $101,861.60!!! This doesn't include surgical costs, radiation treatment, or hormone treatment. I received this invoice because my insurance company only made a partial payment so the hospital is looking for me to cover the remaining $18,846.10 - so much for that new car. Each single Neulasta shot is billed out at $9,423.05 - this is for one single 6 mg injection and I had 8 of them. I called the insurance people and have them looking it for me. The rep I spoke to seemed to think it's an invoicing glitch. Man, I hope so.

Update on the crazy eyebrows. I plucked them. Couldn't take it anymore. New baby brows growing as I type.

And, I've been off the sleeping pills for over a week now. I ran out of the pills and was going to call in a refill but thought I'd give it a shot on my own instead. It was very rough the first couple nights but now not so bad. I still wake up a few times a night but seem to be able to get myself back to sleep fairly easily. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That makes me really sad for the people in our country without healthcare. How does anyone do it alone? Please save us Hillary/Barack!

Fingers crossed for that invoicing glitch. xoxo Susie