Thursday, February 1, 2018

Day 9 is his own advocate

So just after I left last night Dr. Vaezi stopped in (of course) and James said it was a good visit. More on that later..... waiting to see that it's true/happens as we've been disappointed before.

Since I'd missed Vaezi visit last night and not much would happen with surgical rounds this AM James suggested I take my time so I'm still home and he's still there.

He texted that last night the night nurse who comes on shift at 7 pm (same nurse as previous night who had skipped 2 AM meds) gave him his 7:30 pain meds at 10 p.m. What the heck! He told me he was quite "vocal" in his displeasure/upset and must have gotten his point across because she was there at 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. promptly to manage pain. I guess the patient is the one who needs to speak up. Go James!

I have a couple things to do here then will be driving in. Roads look squiffy so it may take a bit. I'll update again when w/the proactive patient. xxoo

No comments: