Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Short and sweet

Maybe I'll be able to keep up with posts if I keep it short :^)

Last night was a good night sleep for us both. The night before James was a big twitch, up walking around in and out of the house on off all night lights on then off (when I thought he was asleep) and the same with the TV volume. I didn't even know the sound would go up to 53, yikes, I normally have it hover around 2 or 3 or 4 at night. That was a shocker. Last night though I'd run to the Worcester glass shop to do a little work with Phoebe while Sander stayed home with James. James had already hooked himself up to the overnight feed at 8ish when I walked back into the house and slept pretty much through until 10 am this morning. A solid night sleep. He's having a good day so far today, his body definitely needed the rest. Mine too!

We've run morning errands making sure we're caught up at the oil co. for a new delivery scheduled. Gotta keep the tank full to keep James warm and showers hot, for me, constant struggle to get James to shower as it's difficult, not fun or relaxing with stoma and having to wear a protective device on the neck. The oil deliveries are one of the ways that friends/family assist (thank you love you) but this month I was able to cover it myself. Feels good to adult when cash is accessible, most other days I don't love being an adult. Today is also the day we switch a med patch so it's the day that I campaign morning to night for the showering of the James body. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I don't. We'll see what today brings.

Now I'm puttering with a few computer tasks (glass and business related), finalizing a couple orders, listings some beads online, responding to a couple Harlow Glass related enquiries, then digging in to torch and kiln work. Last nights errand to the Worcester glass shop included a brainstorming session with Phoebe to figure out presentation of the New Street glass stash. We're setting up our Harlow veiled cane inventory in a small space located at the Worcester Center for Crafts New Street Glass Studio (that's a mouthful) and while working out of that space we're also managing the New Street glass inventory. Much of that was donated to the studio and is a bit of a nightmare, trying to figure out what it is, what the retail cost is, what it'll sell for, how to label it for ease of sales. Brainstorm included a trip to Lowe's wandering thinking aha black duct tape silver sharpie marker Phoebe's beautiful handwriting. I'm finally looking forward to setting things up! Wish I could clone myself to actually give the New Street space the time it needs.

I hope your day is beautiful and healthy (mask, wash, sanitize) and also calm. It's my goal for today. Wish me luck! xxx Beth (and James)

No comments: