Saturday, November 3, 2007

More Time in the Hospital

Hi everyone, Susie here again. It's early Saturday morning and I don't have the best of news to share from last night. It looks like Beth will be in the hospital for at least a few days. I'm heading over there now and will try to post an update once I know more. The stint (sp?) that she was having placed for easy access to her blood stream later during chemo had complications. They had warned us that there was a 1% chance of complications and unfortunately Beth is the 1 out of 100. Linda was with her late last night into the wee hours. The surgeon was concerned about Beth's exrays after the surgery, they didn't look quite right. After many hours of checking things out and no one seeing Beth in person, they determined the stint had indeed punctured a lung and Beth had internal bleeding and fluid in her lung. Couldn't sound worse, right? Please send Beth all your love and strength, it sounded like a very painful process. I promise to share more once I visit myself and get more info.

No comments: