Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Back to Work

Yesterday went well. I actually went in to the hospital for a Dr's appointment and left on the same day. I have to admit I was a little paranoid walking in to the building. Amazing not to be admitted.

Dr. Navid thinks all is going well. She checked out all the incision spots, etc. and all look good. She reviewed all the medical records and test results. Had me do more bloodwork to double check white cell count and crit. I got a flu shot and pneumonia vaccination. I'll see her again in one month to check progress. She asked me how much time I was planning on taking off from work.... I said, actually, I'm on my way in to the office after this appointment. I've been out of office for way too long. Even if I only work for an hour or two a day it'll be an improvement. I'm also setting up a spot at home to work out of the house as needed.

Mom drove me from Dr's to work. We walked in to the office and found two massive baskets of food from Trader Joe's plus a few bags. Amazing! Andy had started the gift and many other people donated as well. James was most excited by the coffee (we've been out for a week) and Captain Crunch (not from Trader Joe's I think!) The kids were thrilled with chocolate advent calendars and the make your own ginger bread house kit. I love the teas amongst everything else and had a bowl of kashi for breakfast, yum. Work had also included in the get well gift a gift card for trader joe's in case I ever run out of food, and a gift card for barnes and noble bookstore. Thank you so much! What an amazing surprise. Andy packed it all into Mom's car and James put it all away when he came home. After such a busy day I ended up bonding with the couch yet again from 3 PM til bedtime... what a slug.

Today James is giving me a ride in to work for a couple hours, then back home to help Phoebe make an edible 3-D cell. Thanks for checking in, I'm doing well. Hope you have a good day too! Beth

No comments: