Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cross Fingers Back to Work

I've had a nice weekend although still messing about with pain issues from the surgeries. Yesterday I stayed the entire day at the church fair with sister Sue. It was nice, I spent most of the time in a chair behind the table, visited with people who'd heard about my ordeal and could be normal with people who hadn't heard. With jewelry sales of the day I'm happy to say that Santa will be able to visit our house again this year. Thanks to Sue for working the day for me!

Today, I've been pretty close to couch. I think my body & mind were tired from being out and about yesterday. Phoebe had some friends pop by to help with chores then off to hang out with them up the street and work on homework. Sander helped his dad with firewood this AM then stacked midday here at home to beat the tonight's snowstorm. This afternoon I rewarded him with a friend over our house.

Tomorrow I have an 11 AM appointment with my primary care physician. I'm hoping to get feedback on my recovery and how my wounds are healing. In the back of my mind I dread that she's going to find something to admit me to hospital... if I manage to make it out of the clinic I plan on going in to work for a couple hours. Mom's going to drive me to the Dr. then to work. My coworker Andy is going to give me a ride home. I feel like if I get through the day tomorrow I'll be getting a bit of my life back. Bizarre to have been out of work for an entire month. I don't think I've been away from work for that long since high school.

Wish me luck....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Santa can come back! I have my fingers and toes crossed for the dr visit to be a breeze! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
hope your appointment went well. I will look you up when we come down sometime around Christmas, I am not sure when yet. I too am glad that our moms are doing things together. I hope it continues! Thinking of you, take care!
Alison

Anonymous said...

Hello Beth,

I just learned on Monday about what you are going through. Then yesterday heard about your wed blog.

Was glad to read that your first chemo treatment went well and I hope that continues for you.

If you get a chance drop me a note - my email address is:arthur.hall1@att.net .

Above all keep thinking positive.

Art