Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lazy Day

I worked yesterday for almost 3 hours. Managed to get the alumni newsletter formatted. This was after an early AM dentist appointment. Mom chauffered me to the dentist, then work, then pick-up and home again. Thanks Mom!! I was exhausted when I got home around 1:30 and slept until the kids came home from school.

Last night I woke up twice in quite a bit of pain and discomfort. I took the 4 hr oxycodone both times and fell back asleep. This morning when I woke I was still feeling very overtired, uncomfortable, pain on left side ribs right under breast. It has to be the chest tube spot where they'd moved things aside. I don't know why it hurts more some days/nights than others. And, why the long acting meds weren't doing their job last night. I made the decision to stay home today. Did a little work on the laptop. Took a nap. Took some meds. I'm feeling a little better but still wiped. I'm wondering now if it has anything to do with the flu shot and pneumonia vaccination I got at the clinic on Monday.

I finally wrote my letter of complaint about my surgical nightmare to the Patient Care Services department at the hospital. I've been meaning to do it for the past month but kept putting it off. Finally sat down and two hours later popped it in the mail. I've said all along that I realize mistakes can be made (we're supposed to call it a "complication" not a mistake.) But, I feel like some bad decisions were also made throughout my first "complication" and hospitalization and they need to be addressed. So my letter's in the mail, James had sent his and we'll see where this takes us.

Sander and Phoebe had a half day of school today. They're cleaning rooms... moving toys out of living room upstairs to free up wood stove. Maybe a wood fire tonight!

Work tomorrow. A friend, Sue, is going to pick up and deliver me to Tufts then return me back home again. I would say that I'm getting spoiled but it'll also be nice to hop in my car on the spur of the moment and run an errand or two. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be off the pain meds but if next week is anything like last night I could also be calling for refills.

No comments: