Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Bloody Monday

Blew my nose on the way into work today and got a nose bleed. What's up with that? Luckily I had a full box of tissues in the car so was blotting and pinching to stop bleed while driving. Not terribly safe and probably should have pulled over. New side-effect or dry heat from wood stove?

No skiing on Sunday either. The temp never got out of the 30s and I wanted it to be in the 50s like predicted. Plus my energy level hadn't stayed up. We'll get there sooner or later. I did go to the movies with the kids to see National Treasure 2. I liked it even better than the first one. Was a little twitchy sitting for the 2+ hrs but did well. Mom came along with us but went to see P.S. I Love You, then we ran some errands together. Nice day.

Today I'm at work and fading fast. I'm planning a visit to the pharmacy on the way home to try and straighten out my many scripts. I need to make sure I'm all set before chemo #3 on Thursday. I'm actually excited. With each one I get closer to the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth it's Bean. I've been thinking of you and reading up on the blog too. Was happy to see your smile with the new do and lyrical assessment of the day today. Did you ever find a place for Sander's bulb? Talk soon, love Bean

Colleen said...

Hi Beth,
Deb Pratt and I were wondering how you were and I remembered you had the blog. I love the hair(less) look! I would do the same. My Mom's is falling out but she has managed to keep enough where she doesn't have to shave it or wear a bandana yet. You look well and in the end your positive attitude is what will get you through all of this. That and the support of great family and friends. Keep up the good fight Beth. Be well. Colleen Mullaney (23 Radford).

Beth Mellor said...

Hi Bean, I'm sorry to say we hadn't planted the bulb before yet (did I mention I have a black thumb?) but will try to find a pretty pot to carry it over indoors until the Spring thaw. Hope to see you soon! It's our turn to get the Chinese...

Beth Mellor said...

Hi Colleen, Sorry not to have seen you out and about on Radford Road but I've been a bit of a homebody (or workbody) these days. And, I am so lucky to have such a support system of family and friends. I'm happy that you can be there for your Mom too. Please give her my love, I had a great time chatting with her at the congo church! xoxo to you and Deb. Beth