Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hair

Showering today the hair started washing away, into my eyes, down my back. I tried to rub it all off but when I got out I'd only lost it in patches. Looked pretty bad. So, James spent the next hour or so shaving my head. Hmmmm, this is a new look. Very pale and shiny and small. Different. I definately liked the buzz better. It'll take some getting used to. I almost bought a henna tattoo kit at the Living Earth today but I think it would take way more than one kit to do an all over scalp tattoo. Hate to talk someone into doing it for me to run out half way. For now I'll brush on some of the mineral tint dust (too lazy to go check the actual name) that my sister Sue gave me to get rid of the glowing whiteness of it all.

They were all out of red henna so no hair treatment for Phoebe this weekend. Bummer. And, it being 5:30ish in the PM and me being fairly exhausted I'm wondering if I will be up for skiing tomorrow at 4ish. We'll see what the new day brings after, crossing fingers, a good nights sleep. I've promised the kiddos "National Treasure" in the AM at the very least. I don't think it'll be too tiring to sit in a theater for a couple hrs of mindless entertainment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth -- Wish I lived closer. I'd love to help with that henna tattoo! xxoo Lisa

Beth Mellor said...

Wish you lived closer too but looking forward to a Seattle visit once I'm done with all this.... Probably still be naked head then so maybe not too late for henna! xox Beth