Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weekend Update

The weekend went fairly well. I was tired but nausea was well controlled with meds, phew. Saturday I took down the Christmas tree and picked up the house a bit then ran out of steam. Sunday I was pretty worn out but managed to make a batch of bread. Monday was a big snow day. I think we must have gotten at least a foot of snow. I was still pretty tired and also came down with an intestinal bug that the kids had brought home from school. What fun. I'm still dealing with that today so am working out of house. The kids are back in school after missing a couple days each last week. Hopefully they won't bring any new bugs home.

Side effect update. I learned from the nurse practitioner at chemo on Thurs that my poor eyesight caused by watery eyes and runny nose that I've been blaming on a cold could be side effects. My body over compensating for being dried out by the chemo meds. She recommended saline eye drops and a nasal mist. The eye drops feel good, nose still running but hopefully that'll stop soon. It's a funny runny nose. I'd read that this could happen with nose hair loss. Very spontaneous. Leaning over to give James a kiss last night and dripped onto him... no warning.... too much information for some I'm sure. Also have some soreness in the back of my throat so I'm using the miracle mouth wash to try an block it from getting worse. This on top of the intestinal bug is making me very whiny. I'm hoping with another fairly restful day today that by tomorrow I'll be back on track.

No comments: