Thursday, February 7, 2008

Taxol #1, Chemo #5....

5 down and 3 to go. Hurrah. Taxol makes for a long day. Arrived with Mom at the hosp a bit after 8:30 AM. Waiting room..... Didn't get port tapped until 9:30 AM. Waiting room..... Saw NP for quick check-up. Waiting room..... Back in chemo cubby a bit before 11 AM. Wait in cubby..... Pre-chemo meds given a bit before noon. Taxol drip started a bit after noon. 3 hour drip!

You get benedryl as part of the pre-chemo med mix. It made me feel very sleepy. I'm still feeling tired now but think it is a combination of chemo and long day. Mom went to cafeteria in AM and for coffee. I asked for hot choc. She bought it and had added some cream. Yum. Slept for an hour. Then, Mom went back to cafeteria for soup. Chicken noodle with a nice big piece of bread and butter. Yum again. Lots of water during chemo to flush out the chemicals. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting the drugs dripped in if you immediately flush them away but what the heck, it's what they tell you to do. So I had to pee every 15 minutes. Bit of a pain when you're dragging around a huge IV pole.

Home again now. Drinking a mix of water, lemon juice, and ultra-good-for-me-green-tea-extract that my pal Loan set me up with. Helping to get rid of all the nasty chemo toxins and keep me healthy and strong. I've been trying to be good and add this to my water after chemo. She also dropped by some chix soup and chili just today. Fabulous. Chili in the freezer and chix soup cooking up for dinner tonight. With a piece of Themia's spinach pie (hoarded in the freezer from previous gift) added to the mix it's a perfect dinner. My appetite it good right now. I've been told that nausea could still present itself with taxol so have been told to take zofran tonight, tomorrow AM, tomorrow PM and see how it goes.

The NP also wants me to take rounds of ibuprofen 3X day starting Sat. Deep bone ache can be a problem and she's wondering if I'm going to be affected because I have continuing deep ache w/surgical glitch side. I'm happy to take just in case.... certainly don't need more deep bone ache.

All for now. Thanks for the birthday greetings! It was a nice day and as I said in comment section am hoping it'll be an even better birthday year. All up from here! xox Beth

No comments: