Monday, March 31, 2008

SURPRISE!

Andy surprised me with a end of chemo party at work on Friday. I don't think I have ever been so surprised in my life! He asked me to help with some equipment across the hall in a little conference room and when I walked it the room was full of people, pink pom-poms, table cloth, no more chemo cake, t-shirt to match. Fabulous chili for lunch. It was really an amazing thing to plan. I never guessed and was in shock for most of the party. At one point I melted down but managed to pull myself together again (it'd been a rough week). Bit of a roller-coaster of emotions. Everyone at work is so supportive and Andy is amazing. I was gifted some beautiful flowers as well which I'm doing my best to keep alive. Cake for breakfast then off to work. I'll add more party details later. All the best. Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is incredible!!! Way to go Andy! What a great guy, that is so nice. I'm so happy you have such a supportive work environment. Wish I could have been there.
xoxo
Susie

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, I haven't checked in in a while, and just read back a few excerpts(sp?)and realized you were here in Maine, minutes from us! we are about 20min from mikes clam shack, frequent perkins cove/marginal way, and I work in York! I don't think the Goldenrod opens till memorial day weekend. And I remember when you worked there with Eliza. I was up here with Carol at the same time, but not working. We must cross paths at some point! Take care! Alison