Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hiya

Sorry for delay in posting. I'm dealing with some stress completely unrelated to cancer. On a positive note in attempt to relieve this stress I've gotten a family membership to the Y. The kids and I have been using the Wellness Center which is a huge fitness center (10 years old and up are trained to use the space, perfect!) Phoebe and Sander are very excited. I went through training with the kids and although I'm not sure I'll use the weight room other than spotting the kiddos but the aerobic equipment looks promising. Plus not one but two indoor pools which seem to get very busy. First time in the pool I scared enough small children away with lack of hair, hat, or wig that we had plenty of room to swim.

All is well with treatment. I was mixed up on the dates in the schedule below. The pre-testing for the port removal isn't until the 14th at Noon, not the 4th as previously mentioned. It's been a uneventful week this week but next picks the pace up again with the pre-op test (14th), meeting new surgical oncologist (16th), port removal surgery (17th), as well an early dinner out with friends (16th) and a girl scout meeting (18th). Slightly overbooked but hopefully I'll get through the week. I'm crossing fingers that the port removal is an ultra quick office visit but the scheduled pre-op testing makes me think otherwise.

Hot flashes are alive and well. I tried sleeping over the weekend without a pill. I've decided that the reason I sleep so well with drugs is that the pill allows me to sleep through the hot flashes. The test night without I was tossing covers then pulling them back on every 15 minutes. Not a solid night sleep but I'll try again this weekend. And no hair yet. I gave my head a final shave over the weekend. I had a bizarre mix of no hair and a few stragglers. Now my scalp has a clean, smooth surface for a new batch to grow in. James is hoping for red and curly. I'll be happy with anything.

No comments: