Sunday, February 4, 2018

Day 12 hoping....

We're sitting here in the hospital room hoping today is the day!

Before I arrived James met with the surgical team who said all looks good. The respiratory therapist cleaned up the stoma removing all the crusty bits and said all looks good. The personal care attendant just did vitals and all is good. She gave us one of the magical shower caps so his hair is all clean and tidy. I think the nurse said all looks good too. It's the perfect storm for release to home.

On my way in I bought a hand held shower head, James' first task maybe installing it although it says it takes minutes with no tools so maybe I'll give it a shot. Last night James' sister dropped off a recliner that's been passed around the Mellor family as various people have had medical issues. It's our turn now :^) thanks Charlene for sharing it and delivering it to us and Sheryl for the original purchase. I'm sure James will love it!

I've been collecting supplies both from hospital as nice nurses pass things along for us to take home and also swinging by the pharmacy. We have stashes of things for wound care and clean up, supplies for the tube feed and suction and humidity. I definitely feel like we're good to go!

The house is a complete disaster still although living room where James will be stashed is lightly picked up. Once I'm home with James I can settle him in to the couch or recliner and pick away at the rest. I think I'd mentioned the med equip delivery guy casually mentioning that we may need to clean the filters in the equip a few times more often than the normally suggested once a week, yup, we're that house.

I need to do a little investigative work to see who dropped off flowers and a Trader Joes gift card. Thank you to the angel and I'm sorry you had to see the house/kitchen/yikes. Unless maybe it was Charlene when dropping off recliner in which case perhaps not too shocking since you've seen it all before... No matter whom I hope Frankie (crazed toddler german shorthair) didn't pee on you in his excitement. Once again I'm looking forward to being home with James so I can lightly wrangle the chaos of animals and house.

All for now.... James is reading the Sunday paper with hair smelling like sunshine and magical hospital shampoo. I'm going to do a little administrative work on the laptop for Beeboo. All is good. We'll update again when we receive word on release. Cross fingers with us!

No comments: