Sunday, February 11, 2018

He's out and about

James has been de-icing snow blowing sanding etc the past few days on/off. He says he feels better being upright and the humid air outside feels good breathing. Today he's out and about in the car, doing a little work for an elderly gentleman in town he assists and visiting people. I'm home working on bead stuff. We bought some tiny notebooks for his shirt pocket so he doesn't have to carry the huge clipboard everywhere. I'm going to make some little cards he can hand out, "Can't speak, will write" just need to figure out exactly what they should say, something short and sweet.

I made a big batch of gorp for quick calorie intake and energy. Phoebe made a delicious pot pie last night. This morning we had waffles with real syrup yum. I've got a batch of bread started and used the remainder of the Dije chicken for chix salad in the fridge, again quick easy food. We have a freezer full of ice cream not sure why. I'm contemplating oatmeal cookies. My goal is getting him to gain 30lbs back without me doing the same. Tricky.

A fairly quiet weekend which is nice. Hope yours is too!

1 comment:

Dije said...

So glad to hear You’re getting out & about James. Name a dish and it’s yours! Whatever you’re craving ��Beth, as always, thanks for taking such good care of James ����