Sunday, October 7, 2018

Pain meds

He's struggling tonight with pain and we're running really low on the break through pain med so I've been trying to stretch it out to get through the weekend. Only two pills left. The extended release pill only lasts 4 of the 8 hours. Tomorrow is a holiday so I'm not sure if anyone will be at the hospital to submit a script. He's sleeping now but I worry when he wakes up what I can do. We were definitely leaning on the break through med very heavily while in NH probably because he was over doing it building the ** doors so we are super short on the supply that was supposed to last a month. We don't see the palliative care person until Friday although I'll call as soon as the office is open. I can't find an after hours phone number. Ahhhhhh. What to do. I don't know what to do. I'm tip toeing around hoping he sleeps until he can take the next extended release pill. We have lots of the extended release but only the two break through. I've been googling whether I can give early or overlap two extended release pills every four hours but can't find anything that says it's ok. It's Sunday night. He's sleeping thank God. I'm waiting and watching. It's torture.

Update we made it through to the correct time for extended release he's taken the pill and is sleeping again. All is ok for now.

No comments: