Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another Good Day

Sander kept me company again today with a low running fever. I'm hoping he'll be better by tomorrow, tough to catch up when you miss too many days of school. I'm starting to feel the same way about work. It'll be a month out this week from the day I left for the first surgery. I called to check in and am crossing fingers that I'll be able to go back on Monday with a short day lengthening slowly until I'm back full-time. I was given leave to work on my release paperwork from the hospital but can't drive until I'm off the narcotic meds.

I slept ok last night. Started out on Sanders lower bunk, he'd been in with James my entire stay at the hosp and was nervous sleeping on his own again. I fell asleep and started in on a repeating falling nightmare, dreaming that I'd wake up, get out of the bed, fall down stairs, then be back in the bed again. This cycled 8-10 times to the point that when I actually did wake up I lay in bed for a few minutes afraid to get up. I finally braved the trip downstairs and sat with James until he was ready to go to sleep. I was actually nervous about falling asleep again. I did finallly go back to sleep 4 hrs solid, up for meds, and another 4 hrs solid. Better sleep than in the hosp being woken ever hour or two. And no residents checking on me at 5 AM. Nice.

This AM I watched a Harry Potter movie with Sander then puttered around the house. Mom came over for a visit. I was more comfortable being up and about than sitting with her so continued to putter around her. After Mom left I did feel like I'd over done it so rested on the couch and fell asleep. When I woke up I felt normal and hopped off the couch a bit too quickly, was surprised by the pain. I do still need to move slowly. All-in-all a good day. We enjoyed left overs from gifted dinners for dinner, yummy stuffed shells and chix parm.

Thank you to all for the cards, food, well-wishes, and love. I know I've said this before but this time truly believe that I'm getting better and stronger every day. xox Beth

No comments: