Thursday, November 29, 2007

Quiet Time

Quiet day today with Sander back at school, rainy and dark outside. The heats coming up a bit so the house feels cozy. I did a few things around the house this morning, folding laundry, washing dishes, picking up tables and counters. Broke for lunch of tomato juice, nice chunk of cheddar cheese, and an orange. Sitting for lunch broke my burst of energy so I've been slugging for a bit watching bbc america. Mom popped by for a visit after calling to say she was running to the grocery store. She picked up some perishables (sp?) for me, juice, bread, eggs, etc. as well as some boxes of Edy's frozen fruit bars. I think a strawberry pop is in order then maybe a visit to the studio. I still feel like I'm healing, aches and pains are a bit better every day.

On the medical front a couple of the chest tube sites have opened so I checked in with the thoracic surgeons office. All normal, need to change dressings as needed to keep dry and watch for infection. It helps that I'd been given IV antibiotic before leaving hosp and am on pill form for a couple weeks so as long as I keep it clean should be ok. Always something.... Hope you're all enjoying your day, thanks for checking in. Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
I've been reading your story and sent good thoughts from my family to you via Themia. I think of you every time that I wear one of your lovely necklaces (we have several, which is often, and I admire your strength as well as your talent.
I will keep reading and I will keep wishing ++ thoughts for you. Stay strong, Beth!
Patty Pappas

Beth Mellor said...

Thank you Patty, Themia is such a good friend with such an amazing family. Give each other hugs from me! Beth