Friday, November 30, 2007

Back in the Studio

I spent a little time in the studio at the torch last night testing out this new sliced up body to see if I can be comfortable at the torch. And, yes, it is possible. I made some beads that I'm actually happy with. I definately tire more quickly but it was fun to feel myself get back in the creative groove. Tomorrow I've recruited sister Sue to help me with the little Congregational Church Fair that I do every year. I have some jewelry in stock, not a huge amount but respectable. My husband James is going to help set up and break down the display. I'm going to plan on being there and see how it goes. If too tiring I'll leave it in Sue's capable hands. James is happy to see me back on my feet and playing in the studio. I think he needed that to feel like I was truly recuperating. He even kept me company in the studio last night, normally I'm on my own (which can be nice as well.)

Monday I'm planning on going in to work for a few hours. I'm going to take in a new job (the alumni newsletter which follows a preset design so nothing complex) upload a web revision that should have been done before I'd left for the first surgery, and gather equipment needed to set up a mirror workspace at home. For the rest of the week I hope to be in each day for partial days, maybe longer each day until I work back up to full-time. I'm actually excited to get back. It's been a month this week that I've been off sick and I'm sick of it :o) but I'll let my body dictate how much I do and will now over-do it, honest!

I've still been moving slowly at home but am still up and around the house. Hardly laying down and napping at all anymore although you may find me in a state of recline on the couch resting. It's usually around the med-shift-change when I'm waiting for something new to kick in. Not severe pain any more but still heavy discomfort at times. Still changing dressings on one of the chest tube sites. Last time it all healed up so quickly and neatly. This is not so neat but normal (after chatting with the surgeon's office) so I'll continue on until it's all healed up. Nothing that will keep me from work or play!

Tomorrow's the first day of Dec and I never picked up advent calendars for the kids, damn... Whoo Hoo James... you near a pharmacy??? All for now. Enjoy your day! Beth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, I can swing by Trader Joes and get a couple of advent calendars if you want! Guess what kind of rental car I got, a PT Cruiser, FUN! Now I'll really enjoy the ride out to Princeton :-)

Beth Mellor said...

That would be awesome Susie. I can't believe I'd never picked any up! I hope TJ's still has some left... and the kids (and I) would LOVE a ride in the PT cruiser! So funny what you get for a "cheap" rental these days :o) Beth

Anonymous said...

HI Beth,
Wow is all I can come up with. I am at a loss for words! I have recently heard of your surgeries/hospitalizations. My thoughts and prayers are with you! We will have to get together sometime since it has been so long! I will look you up when I am down in the area. I would love to hear from you and catch up! I will check out your blog to keep posted! be strong! Alison Zelley Kenneway kportali@roadrunner.com

Nancy said...

Hi Beth!
I've been doing some catching up on your blog...I can't open it at work for some reason and have had very little time at home this week. So glad to hear your getting into work a bit this week. I'm sure after all you've been through this past month you're craving your old mundane routine! I know you'll be good and pace yourself though. Keep that blood count up! (You can have my share of red meat!)
Nancy

Beth Mellor said...

Hi Alison, Thanks for the note. I'm so happy that our Mom's have been keeping in touch (and are still so active!) I'd love to see you when you're next in the area.

And, Nancy, I will be pacing myself back in to work and will be taking it day by day. I'll toast you with my next juicy steak!

All the best, Beth