Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Better and Better

By yesterday midday I was feeling under control. I could speak to people with emotions under control and nausea was fairly light. I have been eating baby meals and lots of saltines and ginger ale. I actually sipped on a little egg nog last night watching the kids hang the ornaments on the tree. Today I woke and decided I'd give work a shot. James drove me in around 10 AM and I'll hitch a ride home with Andy around 2:30 PM. I just took a nice mix of meds that has me comfortable so feel like I should be able to maintain for the afternoon.

Phoebe turns 13 today (yikes) so we have a few family coming over for dinner. I've left it up to everyone else to pull it together and feel like it'll be this way through the holidays and beyond.

For future planning I'm envisioning chemo treatment on Thurs, feeling ok. Neulasta shot of Fri, still ok til late afternoon/early evening when queaziness starts. Sat and Sun I'll be non-functioning.... heavy nausea... overtired.... crying if you make eye contact with me or try to talk on phone. Mon AM still not fab but better. Decent by midday Monday. So. What I'd like is a new drug to add to my mix that'll sedate me from Fri evening til mid day Monday. Just tuck me away in a bed with some depends and ice chips. I'll be good to go.

And, Cousin Rob, I skipped ahead after your comment to the chemo chapter. I have nothing to whine about. Man, I don't know how Lance survived his treatment. Much stronger person than I. My treatment is no where near as intense and it definately puts it all in perspective. Love to you and thanks for the book! xox Beth

No comments: