Friday, December 21, 2007

Reiki

Mom is taking me for Reiki this morning with her massage therapist. I'm interested to see if it will help with continuing discomfort from chest tubes and thoradectomy surgery. I'll let you know how it goes. I have the nausea pretty much under control now so looks to be one week bad, one week good for each chemo treatment. Still tiny moments of discomfort but not bad. Hopefully I'll be able to drink more water next time and "dilute" the side effects. My next treatment is Dec 27th. I've decided to zip off the hair on Dec 26th. I'm thinking of gifting the kids some hair scissors for Christmas and letting them experiment with cuts before we buzz. How often in life would you have free reign to play with hair cuts on your Mom?

Sleep has been questionable. I don't know if it's caused by anti-nausea drugs, food choices, or just too much to think about. Last night I fell asleep after 11 PM and woke at 5 AM for no reason. The night before was worse. Lot's of laying about. Wish I could have one good long deep nights sleep. Ah well, maybe Santa will bring me sweet dreams for Christmas.

Back with a Reiki update later in the day. Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Reiki! I think it will be great. And the kids playing barber sounds perfect, what fun. I wish I would be there to take a few snips. Great attitude Beth, you are AMAZING. I'll pray that Santa brings you deep healthy sleep. xoxo Susie